Dave started caddying at Oakwood CC in Middlebranch at the age of nine and moved on to Congress Lake CC when he was ten years old. He worked in the bag room at CLC for Pro Joe Guysick at the age of thirteen putting in 50 + hours a week and also caddied for him on Mondays in Northern Ohio PGA events.
Dave graduated from Lake High School in 1965, where he lettered in football, basketball, track and golf. He started the first golf team at Lake in 1963 with the help of Roger McManus, who was able to get the team the use of Congress Lake CC to play home matches on Mondays. He then attended Ohio University for three years and played on the golf team.
Dave worked at CLC on the golf course grounds crew during summer breaks, where he met Bill Newcomb, an associate golf course architect for Pete Dye. He was put in charge of overseeing course updates at CLC by Bill Newcomb and was asked by him to supervise the remodeling and construction of golf courses throughout the mid west. With him, he supervised construction and did course routing work on over twelve new or remolded golf courses.
In 1970 Dave turned pro and became the first head pro at Seven Hills CC for five years. In 1975 he became the head pro at Arrowhead CC and was there for twenty seven years.
In 2002 Dave became the head pro at Raintree CC and was there for six years. He then moved over to Ohio Prestwick CC where he served as head golf professional for six years until he retired from the golf business.
While at Arrowhead CC Dave participated in a number of golf marathons to raise money for various charities. He raised over $50,000.
His last marathon was in 1990 when he played a Guinness Book of World Records; 846 holes in twenty four hours and raised $23,000 for Muscular Dystrophy. Dave played the marathons to honor his good friend and mentor, Roger McManus.
2000 – 2002, he worked on a committee to start the First Tee of Canton and designed a nine hole course and practice area while serving as a Trustee.
1994 – 2002, Dave designed Sable Creek CC in Hartville in three phases, totaling twenty seven holes.
Dave served in the Army Reserves for six years.
Dave has been married to his wife, Beth, for forty years and has two daughters, Mandy and Betsy and four beautiful grandchildren.
John attended Woodridge High School. He earned two varsity letters in basketball and four varsity letters in golf. Following high school he attended Kent State University on a golf scholarship.
John served in the Army and is a Vietnam War veteran.
Following the years when his children were young John began playing competitive golf again.
- 1991 – Qualified for the USGA Mid-Amateur
- 1990s – NOGA, won the Two Man Best Ball two times
- 2003 – Canterbury Cup, shot 70 the final day.
- 2003 – United States Senior Challenge, placed 8th (Two over par for two days)
- 2003 – Northern Ohio Tournament of Champions, fourth place
- 2004 – Ohio Senior Open, fourth low Amateur
- Congress Lake CC - Club Champion nine times including 2016 at the age of 67.
- Congress Lake CC - Senior Club Champion five times
- 2016 – Shot 67 at Shady Hollow breaking his age
- 2017 – Shot 68 at Congress Lake CC shooting his age.
- 8 Hole in Ones
John lives in Hartville with his wife, Laurie. They have three grown children, Drew, Melissa and Amy.
Kurt graduated from Central Catholic in 1985. While at Central he participated in golf and basketball. His high school golf career consisted of:
- 1984 – Member of State Championship Team
- 1984 – Tied third for State Championship
- 1984 - Co – Stark County High School Player of The Year
Kurt attended Denison University and Walsh University, graduating from Walsh in 1990. His college golf career consisted of:
- 1985 – 1987: Denison University
- Two year starter
- One year All Conference
- 1987 – 1989: Walsh University
- Two year starter
- Two years All Conference
- Two years All District Team
After college Kurt accomplished the following:
- 1992 – USGA Mid Amateur
- Fifteen time participant in The Ohio Amateur
- Five top twenty finishes
- Two top ten finishes
- Ohio Mid Amateur
- 2001 – Tied 12th
- 2003 – Tied 18th
- 2007 – Tied 4th
- 2011 – Tied 6th
- 2012 – Tied 7th
- Arrowhead Country Club – six times
- Shady Hollow Country Club – Nine times
Summit County Amateur:
- 2005 Champion
- Four top three finishes
Stark County Amateur:
Stark County Tournament of Champions:
Akron District Golf Association:
- 2011 and 2012 - Two time Stroke Play Champion
- 2016 – Player of The Year Runner-up
Northern Ohio Golf Association:
Kurt is the Vice President of Sales for Nilodor, Inc. in Bolivar. He lives in Jackson Township with his wife and three children.
Suzi attended GlenOak High School and participated in volleyball, basketball, and softball. She was the setter on the state ranked Golden Eagle Volleyball Team, holds the scoring record in basketball at GlenOak with 1,260 points that still stands today. Even more impressive, this scoring record was established before the 3 point line and girl size basketballs. Suzi also was All-League and All-County in softball and played four years at Northwestern University. At Northwestern she was second team all Big Ten as a junior, earned four letters, competed in the College World Series, and earned All-Academic Big Ten honors three times.
Suzi began playing golf in her mid-20’s and picked up the game very quickly. She continues to compete locally and on the National Level.
- 9 Time Brookside Club Champion
- 11 Time Stark County Women’s Golf Association Champion (Latest 2017)
- 10 Time Women’s Akron District Golf Association Champion
- Runner up 2008 Women’s Ohio State Golf Association Amateur Championship
- 2017 Women’s Ohio State Senior Golf Association Champion
- 2002 U.S.G.A. Amateur Qualifier
- 7 Time U.S.G.A. Mid Amateur Qualifier
- 5 Time U.S.G.A. State Team Qualifier
- 2015 Women’s Golf Association of Philadelphia City Champion (Oldest Women’s City Championship in the U.S., held 116 times)
- Women’s Ohio State Golf Association Treasurer 2016 and 2017
Suzi was inducted into the introductory Plain Township Sports Hall of Fame for Basketball and Softball. She lives in Canton and is employed by Synchrony Financial.